The Zoom Scheduler Extension for Chrome is an incredibly useful tool that allows users to easily schedule meetings directly from their Google Calendar.
Whether you want to start an instant meeting or plan a future meeting, this extension makes it simple and convenient to get everything set up quickly.
With the Zoom Scheduler Extension, you can easily share your meeting details and join link with other participants, as well as adjust all of your meeting settings right from the calendar event.
Even if you are not using a desktop version of Zoom, this extension makes it easy to start meetings directly from your browser.
Prerequisites for the Zoom Scheduler Extension for Chrome
- Google Chrome
- Zoom Chrome extension
- The Zoom client for Windows (https://zoom.us/download)
- Google Calendar to schedule meetings
- A Google account is required to use Google Calendar. If you do not have an existing Google Account, you can create a new one.
How to Install the Zoom Scheduler Chrome Extension
To schedule a Zoom meeting using the Chrome extension, first, you need to install the add-on. To install the Zoom extension for Google Calendar:
- Search “Zoom Scheduler” on the search bar.
- Click on the green Add to Chrome button. The add-on will now be added to your browser.
How to Use the Zoom App Chrome Extension
After you have the Zoom extension installed, It will show you an icon in your Chrome toolbar. Click on the Zoom icon to open the Chrome extension.
- Sign in to your Zoom account with either your email and password, SSO, or Google sign-in method.
- After you’ve signed in, the Zoom extension will take a few seconds to connect to your account.
- Now, you will see additional options in your Chrome Extension like Schedule a Meeting, Start a Meeting, Stop a Meeting, settings icon, etc.
How to Schedule a Meeting from Google Calendar
Now that you have a running Zoom account let’s schedule a meeting. Follow these steps:
- Select a date and time for your event from Google Calendar.
- Click on the “Schedule Meeting” icon in the Zoom Chrome extension.
- Note: If there is no “Schedule Meeting” icon, click on the meeting you would like to schedule.
- This will open the Zoom Scheduler window to enter details about your Zoom Meeting, such as Title, Duration, Location, etc.
- Enter the information required for your Zoom Meeting and click on Schedule Meeting.
- You can see an event is added to your Google Calendar. Before or during the meeting, click on the event to open Zoom and join your meeting.
Chrome Extension Scheduling Options
- Schedule For: This provides a list of available times to select the date and time for your Zoom Meeting.
- Meeting ID: This option will provide you with a unique Meeting ID that can be used in the “Schedule for” field.
- Advanced Options: This opens the Advanced Scheduler options, allowing you to customize different rules for your Zoom Meetings.
- Security: This allows you to set a password for your Zoom Meeting.
- Encryption: This opens an Encryption window where you can enter a password.
- Participant List: This provides a list of all participant names that have been invited to this meeting.
- Video: This allows you to select a video format for your Zoom Meeting.
- Meeting Type: This provides a list of different Zoom Meeting options, such as Hangouts and Meetings at alternate times.
- Audio: This provides a list of different audio options, such as Business and Personal.
- Advanced Options: The Advanced Settings window will allow you to select an application window size and set the features you would like to enable or disable during your Zoom Meeting.
How to Display Scheduling Options Each Time You Schedule a Meeting?
By default, the Zoom meeting scheduling option will be the same that you used in your last meeting.
If you would like to display different options every time you schedule a Zoom Meeting, follow these steps:
- Open the Zoom client and sign in with your existing account.
- Click on Menu and select Settings. This will open the Application Settings window.
- Select the “Allow me to specify schedule options each time” option under Scheduling Options. This will allow you to customize each Zoom Meeting.
- Click the Save icon. The setting change will now be saved.
- Now, click on Menu and select Schedule A Meeting. You will see different scheduling options displayed every time you schedule a meeting.
How to Fix the Zoom Chrome Extension Session that has the Expired Message?
If the Zoom extension shows a session has an expired message, you need to log in to the Zoom Chrome extension again. You can use any method to sign in either Sign In with Google, use your email and password, or Sign In with SSO.
You have successfully learned how to set up your Zoom account on Chrome, schedule a meeting through Google Calendar with the Zoom extension, and customize any meeting. So why wait? Try out the Zoom Scheduler Extension today!
If you have questions or face problems regarding this article, please comment in the section below.
If this article helped you, please share it with others to learn how to schedule a meeting on Zoom and use Google Calendar with the Zoom extension.