How To Set up a Zoom Meeting from Microsoft Outlook Plugin
Zoom is a video conferencing software that you can use to have online meetings with other people. You can also use it to record your meetings. In this article, I’ll show you how to schedule a Zoom meeting in Microsoft Outlook via the Microsoft Outlook plugin.
The Zoom Microsoft Outlook plugin is designed to integrate Zoom with Outlook. This plugin allows you to instantly start as well as schedule a Zoom meeting from within the Outlook platform. It also allows you to join a meeting with one click.
Prerequisites for Microsoft Outlook plugin:
- For Windows: Microsoft Outlook 2010 or higher (2007 with limited features), or Outlook as part of Microsoft Office 365
- For macOS: Microsoft Outlook 2011 or higher, macOS 10.14 Mojave or above
- For Linux: Microsoft Outlook 2011 64-bit Note: If the user’s operating system is Windows 7 or above, Microsoft Outlook 2010 or higher should be installed.
- If the user’s operating system is macOS 10.14 Mojave or above, Microsoft Outlook 2011 should be installed.
- You must have the Zoom client installed on your computer. Please note that the Zoom plugin supports both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms.
- Install the Zoom Microsoft Outlook Plugin from Zoom
- 64-bit PC or Maсc
- Log in to your Zoom account and go to the Plugin page. Download the proper plugin for your computer’s operating system from the list of supported platforms.
How to Download the Zoom Plugin For Microsoft Outlook?
- Open the Zoom client and log into your account.
- Go to the Zoom Download Center.
- Click on the “Download” button next to Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook.
- It will take a few seconds to download Zoom Microsoft Outlook Plugin MSI file.
- After completing the MSI file download, run the file to install the plugin.
- After installing, restart Outlook as prompted before using the Microsoft Outlook Zoom Plugin.
How to Schedule a Meeting via Zoom Microsoft Outlook Plugin
To schedule a meeting via the Zoom Microsoft Outlook plugin, follow the steps below:
- Open Microsoft Outlook and click on the Calendar tab.
- Click on New Appointment and select Zoom from the drop-down menu.
- In the subject line of your new appointment, type a description for this meeting. In the Location field, type in your meeting ID. Click Save & Close.
- Your meeting will be scheduled at the specified time, and you will receive a notification to join the meeting with one click from your Outlook calendar.
How to schedule a Personal Audio Conference (PAC) via Zoom Microsoft Outlook plugin?
To schedule a PAC via Zoom Microsoft Outlook plugin, first enable and configure Personal Audio Conferencing in the web portal, then follow these steps:
- Open your outlook and click the arrow at the bottom of the Schedule a Meeting tab.
- Select on Zoom PAC (Personal Audio Conference). In the Description field, type a description for your meeting.
- It will automatically open a calendar event with your PAC information.
- Here, you have to select a date and time for your meeting.
- In the Participant 1 email field, type in the email address of participant 1 or select it from your contacts in Outlook.
- Click Save & Close.
How to make an existing event a Zoom meeting?
To make an existing event a Zoom meeting, follow the steps below:
- Open your Outlook calendar.
- Go to the event you want to make a Zoom meeting.
- Click on the down arrow next to the event you want to convert into a Zoom meeting. Select Convert Event > Zoom Meeting > choose Save.
- You’ll be asked to sign in to your Zoom account if you have not already.
- In the Description box, type a description for this meeting.
- A new event will appear on your Outlook calendar with a Zoom logo and all details filled in.
- Your existing event has been converted into a Zoom meeting!
- You can start this meeting by clicking Start Meeting or your attendees will be sent an email with a link to start the meeting for you.
Missing plugin icon
If you don’t see an icon for the Zoom plugin, click the globe at the top of your Outlook window to display all your add-ins.
- Right-click on the Zoom icon and click Enable.
- Click OK to restart Microsoft Outlook.
- You’ll now be able to use the Zoom plugin to schedule or join Zoom meetings directly from your Outlook calendar.
The Zoom Outlook plugin allows you to easily schedule Zoom meetings from your Microsoft Outlook calendar. All you have to do is click one button and send an email invitation to your attendees with a link, which will automatically join the meeting for them. In addition, you can also create PAC meetings directly from Microsoft Outlook.
For Those looking to further enhance their IT skills while using platforms like Zoom, exploring CompTIA A+ Certifications Dumps can be beneficial. It offers valuable resources to help individuals prepare for CompTIA+ Certification exams, ensuring a deeper understanding of IT operational roles and technical support.