Are you looking for a way to easily manage and share your cloud recordings on Zoom? If so, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we will be discussing how to manage and share cloud recordings on Zoom.
We will go over everything from setting up recording settings in the web portal to sharing recordings with other users. By the end of this article, you should have all the information you need to make sure your cloud recordings are managed and shared properly. So let’s get started!
Managing And Sharing Cloud Recordings On Zoom
You can manage and share your cloud recordings on Zoom with the recording management feature. This feature allows account owners and admins to manage their users’ cloud recordings, including viewing, deleting, and sharing the video, audio, transcript, and chat files. It also makes it easier for users to view, delete and share their own recordings.
Before you can manage and share your cloud recordings, there are a few things you will need to have in place first. These include:
- You must have an active account with the proper owner or admin privileges to manage recordings
- Cloud recording must be enabled in the Zoom web portal
- Cloud recording sharing must be enabled, as well as authentication to view cloud recordings
- Your Zoom cloud recording must be finished processing before it can be playable in the Zoom web portal.
- For editing and deleting recordings, your admin must enable you to do so.
How To Access Recording Management In Zoom
- To access the recording management feature, sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Then click Account Management from the navigation menu and select Recording Management.
- You will then see a list of all cloud recordings associated with your account.
- From here, you can search for your recordings by entering in their meeting ID or topic.
- To search the Text in the audio transcripts, you can also enter keywords in the search bar.
- Once you’ve found your cloud recording, you can view it by clicking on it.
- You will then be taken to a screen where you can see all of its video, audio, transcript and chat files.
- For users looking to manage their own recordings, simply log in to the Zoom web portal and click Recordings in the navigation menu.
- You will see a list of all recordings associated with your account.
- From here, you can view, delete and share your recordings with other users as well.
Now that you have access to your recordings, let’s discuss how to share, download, and delete cloud recordings in Zoom.
To share a cloud recording, simply click on the Share button at the top of the page.
A window will appear that allows you to enter in any users or groups who you would like to share your recording with. You can also select whether or not they can view, download and delete the file.
Once you have entered in the relevant information, click Share and your recording will be sent to the users you specified.
To download a cloud recording, click on the Download button at the top of the page. This will start a download of your recording which can then be played back locally on your computer or device.
To delete a cloud recording, click on the Delete button at the top of the page. A confirmation window will appear asking you to confirm that you want to delete the recording. Click OK and your recording will be permanently deleted from Zoom’s cloud storage.
Settings For Sharing Cloud Recordings
Now that you know how to manage, share and delete cloud recordings in Zoom, let’s look at some of the settings for sharing these recordings.
- First, there is the authentication setting which allows you to decide whether or not you want users to log in with their Zoom account in order to view your recordings. By default, it is set to No, which means that anyone can view your recording without logging in.
- You can also set the sharing expiration date so that recordings are only accessible for a certain amount of time. This is great for those who want to keep their recordings private and secure after they’ve been shared.
- Finally, you can also adjust the privacy settings of your cloud recordings. For example, you can opt to make them viewable only by people who have the link or to make them viewable by anyone with the correct URL.
- By adjusting these settings, you can ensure that your recordings are kept private and secure.
How To View Cloud Recordings On Zoom
Now that you know how to manage and share your cloud recordings, let’s look at how to view them in Zoom.
- First, click on a recording from the list of available recordings. This will open up the recording viewer which allows you to watch the video, listen to the audio or read any chat transcripts associated with it.
- You can also click on any of the views to see a detailed view of the recording. This includes an audio waveform, video thumbnails or a scrolling transcript of all text in the audio.
- Finally, you can select any part of the recording to jump directly to that point.
- By using this feature, you can easily navigate through recordings and find what you are looking for.
Rename The Recording Meeting Topic And Display Name
You can also customize the name of your recordings. This is especially useful when you have multiple recordings and want to easily identify them in the future.
- To rename a recording, simply click on the Edit button for that particular recording and then select Rename.
- In the popup window, enter a new recording meeting topic and display name as well as a description for the recording.
- Once you have entered this information, click Save and your new name will be applied to the recording.
- Now when you view it in Zoom, it will show up with the new name instead of the original one.
- By renaming recordings, you can easily keep track of them and make sure you can always find the one you need.
View Cloud Recording Analytics
You can also view analytics for your cloud recordings. This includes a breakdown of who watched the recording, when they watched it and how much time they spent viewing it.
- These analytics are helpful as they give you insight into which parts of the recording were most engaging or if people skipped over any sections.
- To view these analytics, click on the Analytics button for a specific recording. This will open up a detailed report with insights into how people interacted with your recording.
- By examining these analytics, you can gain valuable insight into which parts of your recordings are most impactful and effective.
How To Export A List Of Cloud Recordings On Zoom
You can also export a list of all your cloud recordings in an Excel spreadsheet.
- To do this, go to the Recordings page and click on Export recordings. This will generate an Excel file with a list of all your recordings including their date, duration and size.
- You can then use this data to better analyze your recordings and gain insights into how they are being used.
- By exporting this list of recordings, you can more easily stay organized and track which recordings have been viewed.
In conclusion, managing and sharing cloud recordings on Zoom is easy and straightforward thanks to the recording management feature. With just a few clicks, you can access all of your cloud recordings in the web portal, view them, download them, delete them, and share with other users.
We hope this tutorial has been helpful for you and has given you the information you need to make sure your cloud recordings are managed properly. Thank you for reading!