Launching Zoom from a web browser can be a great way to quickly join meetings and classes. Whether you’re using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browsers, launching Zoom is easy.
In this blog post we’ll walk you through the steps of how to launch Zoom from your web browser in just a few clicks! You’ll learn what URL to use and what settings you need for the best experience possible.
We’ll also discuss some tips on troubleshooting if something doesn’t work as expected. So let’s get started!
Joining Zoom Meeting In Browser
The easiest way to join a Zoom meeting is directly from your web browser. All you need to do is click the link provided in your meeting invite.
If you’re using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you’ll be prompted to launch the Zoom application once you click the link. You can also choose to always open links with Zoom if so desired.
If you’re using Apple Safari, you will not be prompted to launch the Zoom application; however, you can still join the meeting by typing in the URL provided and joining as a participant.
Let’s see step by step guide to launch Zoom from your web browser!
- If you are using Google Chrome, the first step is to open your browser.
- You’ll then need to visit the join.zoom.us website.
- Once on this page, enter the meeting ID provided by the host or organizer of the meeting you’re trying to join.
- After entering your meeting ID, click ‘Join’ button and then select Open Zoom Meetings (PC) or Open zoom.us (Mac).
- Make sure to click this option every time when you join Zoom meeting from a web browser.
If you’re using Firefox or Safari, the steps are slightly different.
- First, open your web browser and visit join.zoom.us.
- Enter your meeting ID provided by the host and click the ‘Join’ button.
- Once you click Join, a dialog box will pop up asking you to open Zoom or the Zoom installer package. Make sure to check ‘Remember my choice for zoommtg links’ so that this step will be skipped in future meetings.
- Click ‘Open Link’ button and then wait until Zoom application launches.
If you’re using Safari, the steps are even simpler.
- Open your web browser and visit join.zoom.us webpage.
- Enter your meeting ID provided by the host
- Click the ‘Join’ button.
- When a dialog window asking if you want to open zoom.us appears, make sure to click ‘Allow’.
- Once you do this, the Zoom app will launch and you’ll be able to join your meeting!
Issues with the Zoom Launcher Plug-in
Sometimes the Zoom Launcher Plug-in may fail to launch or appear disabled. If this is the case, make sure that you have installed or updated your browser’s Flash player.
You can also try a different web browser if the issue persists.
If all else fails, you can try launching Zoom manually by visiting join.zoom.us and using your meeting ID to join the meeting as described above.
Since Safari no longer supports most plug-ins, you will need to select to launch Zoom every time.
If for some reason the plugin does not launch, try reloading the page and making sure your browser is up to date.
If you’re having trouble launching Zoom from your web browser, it’s possible that your browser is blocking the URL for security reasons.
- To fix this problem, go to your browser settings and make sure that ‘Allow sites to access my camera and microphone’ is checked.
- If this setting is turned off, turn it on and try launching Zoom again.
- You should also check that your browser is up to date and that all necessary plug-ins are installed.
- If you’re using an older version of the browser or if a plug-in is missing, updating or re-installing may help solve the issue.