Zoom meeting is an easy and convenient way to attend meetings, classes, or conferences from the comfort of your own home. It’s becoming increasingly popular as more people are working remotely due to the current pandemic situation. But if you have never used Zoom before, it can be a bit daunting.
In this blog post, we’ll take a look at the different steps you need to take in order to join a Zoom meeting. We’ll discuss how to sign up for an account, install and launch the application, create meetings and invite participants. By following these simple instructions, you will be able to attend any Zoom meeting with ease. So let’s get started!
How To Join A Zoom Meeting?
There are several ways to join a Zoom meeting, depending on your device and preferences. You can join a meeting through the Zoom desktop client and Zoom mobile app, from a browser, by email or instant messaging invite. We’ll go through each of these options in detail to help you join the meeting quickly and easily. Let’s take a look!
Before joining a Zoom meeting, you need to have the following:
- A valid Zoom account
- The Zoom desktop client or mobile app
- The meeting ID and password (if applicable)
- The telephone dial-in information (if joining by phone)
- Enable “show the “Join from your browser” link”
Once you have all of the above, you are ready to join the meeting. Let’s look at how to do it.
How To Join A Zoom Meeting On The Desktop Client?
- First, open the Zoom desktop client. You can find it in the applications folder of your computer or by searching for “Zoom” in your search bar.
- Once you have opened the application, you can either join a meeting without signing in or sign in to access more features.
- If you want to join a meeting without signing in, click ‘Join A Meeting’ and enter the meeting ID and your display name.
- If you are already signed in, simply click the ‘Home’ tab and select ‘Join’ to enter the meeting ID and your name.
- You can also change default name to any other name you like.
- Once you have entered the meeting ID and your details, set permission for audio and video.
- Click ‘Join Meeting’ to enter the meeting.
How To Join A Zoom Meeting On The Mobile App?
If you’re using the Zoom mobile application, it’s even easier to join a meeting.
- Open the Zoom mobile app and select ‘Join A Meeting’.
- Enter the meeting ID number and your display name.
- If you’re already signed in, you can change your name if you don’t want your default one to appear in the meeting.
- After that select audio and video if you would like to connect audio and/or video.
- Hit ‘Join meeting’ and you’re ready to go!
How To Join A Zoom Meeting On A Web Browser?
If you don’t have the Zoom app installed on your device, you can still join a meeting through your browser.
- Open the web browser of your choice and go to zoom.us/join.
- Enter the Meeting ID or Personal Link Name provided by the host and enter your name when prompted.
- Then click ‘Join’ and you’ll be redirected to the meeting.
How To Join A Meeting With The Zoom Web Client?
If you don’t want to download the app, you can join a meeting through the Zoom web client.
- To do this, first host must enable “Join from your browser” link for their meeting.
- Then, the participants will receive an email or calendar invitation with the join link.
- Click the “Join Link” option and you will be directed to a new page with the meeting information.
- On the new page, click ‘Join from your browser’ at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions provided on-screen to join.
How To Join A Zoom Meeting On My Phone?
- You can also join a Zoom meeting using your phone. To do this, dial the teleconferencing number provided in the meeting invite.
- Then, enter the Meeting ID followed by “#” when prompted and press the “pound” or “hash” key on your phone’s dial pad.
- Once you have entered the meeting ID, you will be asked to enter your participant ID.
- Press “pound” or “hash” key again and you’ll be connected to the meeting.
- You can also use the ‘One tap mobile’ option if available, which will allow you to join meetings faster with just one tap.
Joining a Zoom meeting is easy and straightforward. You can join a meeting using the desktop client, mobile app, web browser or the Zoom web client. Make sure you have all of the required information before joining, such as meeting IDs and passwords. Once you have everything ready to go, follow the instructions above to join your next Zoom meeting. Enjoy!
FAQs – People Also Ask
Do I need an account with Zoom to join a meeting?
No, you don’t need an account to join a meeting. You can join without signing in but with limited features.
Do you always need a password to join a zoom meeting?
No, you don’t always need a password to join a meeting. Some meetings have passwords enabled as an extra security measure but not all meetings require one.
What is the passcode for Zoom meeting?
The passcode for Zoom meeting is the Meeting ID provided by the host. Enter this number when prompted to join the meeting.
What is the one tap mobile option?
One Tap Mobile is a feature of Zoom that allows you to quickly and easily join meetings with just one tap on your mobile device. You can find this option in the meeting invite or by clicking the “Join from your browser” link on the Zoom web client.